How Do I Wax My Vehicle?
Waxing your vehicle helps it stay shiny and new looking while providing long-lasting protection to the vehicle’s exterior. This guide will help you learn how to wax your vehicle to get it ready for the spring season. Keep reading to get your car looking brand new.
7 Steps to Waxing a Vehicle
It is recommended to wax your vehicle on a day that is anywhere between 55 degrees and 85 degrees out. This temperature allows for the best result of the wax product. Use the following steps to get your car waxed to a high shine.
- Wash your vehicle thoroughly and give it time to completely dry. Move your vehicle out of the sun to a shaded area, preferably into a garage.
- Car wax comes in many different forms and each brand may have its own set of instructions. Many tub waxes will follow steps similar to these.
- Open the wax tub and remove the wax pad and inner lids. Dip the wax pad into the wax to get a dollop of wax on the pad, about the size of a dollar coin.
- Pick an area of the vehicle to begin waxing – it is recommended to wax in two-foot by two-foot sections. Do not apply wax on any plastic exterior details, windows, mirrors, headlights, or taillights.
- Apply the wax using even circular strokes that overlap while applying light to firm pressure. Follow a horizontal or vertical row pattern while applying wax to the vehicle.
- Wait three to five minutes for the wax to dry to a matte finish then begin to remove it using a microfiber cloth or other soft cloth material.
- In a circular motion with even pressure remove the wax using the towel in the same pattern you applied it in. Once the cloth begins the drag from the product flip the cloth over and buff the vehicle to a shine.
Waxing your vehicle is an important step in vehicle maintenance and helps protect your vehicle from chemicals and debris it may come into contact with. Check out other tips and tricks from Coastal Hyundai on our blog page and check out our model research pages to learn more about the vehicles available at our Melbourne-area dealership.